Leading hospitality company, Marriott International, is celebrating after being named Brand of the Year at this year’s prestigious British LGBT Awards. Marriott International, which operates 57 hotels in the UK under brands including Marriott Hotels, Renaissance Hotels and Courtyard, was recognised for its Pride campaign and partnerships.
The annual events’ judges were impressed by Marriott’s long-term commitment to supporting the LGBT community and celebrated the company’s work as an inclusive employer, its pro-active approach to marketing and the way fairness, non-discrimination and equality were embedded across all areas of the business.
The award comes ahead of further activity by the group to support the LGBT community, which includes celebrating and supporting this year’s various Pride events and creating dedicated wedding material for same sex couples.
As part of a high-profile media partnership with Attitude Magazine, Marriott will be creating its very own digital Pride Guide, helping its guests make the most out of their Pride stay, complete with tips and advice for the day and an ultimate style guide.
At the star-studded ceremony in London, Ed Hubennette, Area Vice President for Marriott UK & Ireland collected the publically-voted for prize and said: “We’re absolutely delighted to have received this award and it is made even more special by the fact we were selected by the general public
“Diversity and inclusion are at the core of Marriott’s company values and we are committed to providing an environment where all guests and associates feel welcome. Our brands have long been recognised as LGBT-friendly employers and destinations, with our marketing efforts mirroring our policies of fairness, non-discrimination and equal respect.”
Source: Marriott International
- » Freycinet Lodge has opposition from its developer members
- » POP UK India airline to put People Over Profit
- » Taronga Zoo eco hotel likely to proceed despite Council opposition
- » Half of British travellers rate hotel sustainability as important
- » Hotel Oberlin to become first to use geothermal for climate control
- » Strand Yangon receives sensitive heritage renovation
- » World Turtle Day backdrop for eco centre launch
- » TFE Hotels and TEDxSydney to design hotel of the future
- » Bicycle tour group signs up for elephant welfare
- » Checking-in to the future of luxury travel